Community Health Plan of Washington’s (CHPW) Individual & Family Cascade Select Plans are available to all Washington residents to buy on Washington Healthplanfinder, the state’s online insurance marketplace. This page covers Cascade Select enrollment, and how to enroll.
Open Enrollment is November 1 to January 15.
Need a health plan sooner? You may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
On this page
How do I get a CHPW Individual & Family Cascade Select plan?
Our team is here to help you navigate your plan options and the application process on Washington Healthplanfinder.
We can also check if you qualify for special savings that could lower your monthly payments (premiums) or out-of-pocket costs.
Apply by phone
How do I apply on Healthplanfinder?
Healthplanfinder will ask you for information when you apply, so they can calculate which savings are available to you.
Before you get started, gather as much information as possible to fill out your application for each person that needs health insurance coverage.
- Birth dates
- Social Security numbers (you can still apply if you do not have one)
- Income information
- Current health insurance (if any)
- Tribal status (if registered)
Once you’ve gathered what you need, follow these directions:
- Create an account and fill out the application.
- On Group settings page, click green “Get Plan Recommendations” button in lower right.
- On the next page, fill out a brief Health Profile, then click “Continue” to see list of plan options based on your information.
- If you don’t see a CHPW plan among the options, click “View All Plans’ button at bottom of page.
- On the “Browse and Compare Plans” page, click on the “Filter By” tab and scroll down to select “Insurance Company.” Choose Community Health Plan of Washington to see available CHPW plans.
- You’ll see your estimated monthly premium (the amount after tax credits, if any) for each plan and whether the plan qualifies for lower out-of-pocket costs.
- Select a plan, then click “Finalize Plan” to confirm.
- Follow instructions to pay first premium bill.
To contact Washington Healthplanfinder Customer Support, call 1-855-923-4633 (TTY: 1-855-627-9604), Monday – Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
When can I enroll or apply for a health insurance plan?
Each year during the Open Enrollment Period from November 1 to January 15 you can sign up for a new health insurance plan.
- The plan you choose during this time, officially starts in the new year based on when you enrolled.
- For your health plan to be active starting January 1, sign up by December 15.
- If you miss the deadline, you can still sign up for a plan up until January 15, for it to begin February 1 of that same year.
If something big changes in your life, you may be able to sign up during a Special Enrollment Period, explained below.
What is the Open Enrollment Period?
The Open Enrollment Period is when anyone can sign up for health insurance to begin in the upcoming year. The open enrollment period goes from November 1 to January 15 for health plan coverage in the new year.
What is the Special Enrollment Period?
You can sign up for new insurance outside of the Open Enrollment Period if something new happens in your life – like a move, job change, giving birth, and many other qualifying events. Learn more.
We’re here to help
Prefer to chat one-on-one about your health plan options? Find a local specialist near you to schedule a call, video chat, or an in-person appointment at a local clinic.